如果第一只蝴蝶是深色的,雷雨很快要来了。
If the first butterfly is yellow, someone is going to give birth.
如果第一只蝴蝶是黄色的,有人快生孩子了。
If a white butterfly enters your house and flies around you, you will die.
如果一只白蝴蝶进了家里,绕着你不停飞,你将要死去。
If a moth lands on the mother of a newborn, the baby will die.
如果一只蛾子落在新生儿的母亲身上,这个小孩很快便会死去。
If a butterfly flies into your house, someone you know will die.
如果一只蝴蝶飞进你家,你认识的某人将要死去。
If a butterfly flies into your house, someone will get married.
如果一只蝴蝶飞进你家,说明某人要结婚了。
If you capture a butterfly, you will be struck dead.
如果你抓住了一只蝴蝶,你会被车撞死。
If you see a butterfly at night, you will die.
如果你在夜晚见到蝴蝶,便将会死去。
There! Simple, right?
呼,写完了!很“通俗易懂”吧,嗯?
05
第五条:
A cat onboard a ship is considered to bring luck.
如果船上有猫,预示着会有好运。
I used to live on a ship. A cat would have been a real drag. All of those spaces to hide in, poop in, pee in? All of that machinery to get torn to pieces in? And who exactly would have been in charge of cleaning the litter boxes? Litter boxes are never lucky.
我曾经在船上住过。猫绝对是个累赘。船上的角角落落都是它藏身、大小便的地方;甚至连机械装置都被破坏成了一片片的。有谁会愿意负责清理那些垃圾桶?垃圾桶可不是什么吉祥玩意儿。
06
第六条:
If three people are photographed together, the one in the middle will die first.
如果三个人一起拍照,中间的那个会最先死掉。
I can’t rationalize it, but this one just gives me the shivers.
我不知道它是真是假,但这条让我毛骨悚然。
07
第七条:
If you stick your hands in your pocket while walking past a graveyard, it will protect your parents.
经过墓地的时候,如果你把双手插在兜里,便能保护你的父母。
Makes me wonder what happens if I turn my pockets inside out. Or, take off my pants and wave my arms around.
我不禁好奇:假如我把里兜翻出来会发生什么?或者,假如我脱掉裤子摇摇手臂,又会发生些啥?
08
第八条:
Never take a broom along when you move. It is bad luck. Throw it out and buy a new one.
搬家的时候不要带走扫帚,它会带来厄运。把它扔了,买个新的。
Isn’t that common sense? A used broom is kind of a nasty thing to box up with the linens. Like packing up used trash cans. A new broom costs like two dollars.
这不是常识吗?用过的扫帚很脏,没法跟亚麻制品放一起啊。这就跟打包带走用过的垃圾桶一样好笑。再说,一把新扫帚只需要两美元。
09
第九条:
If a candle blows out, evil spirits are nearby.
如果蜡烛熄灭,说明附近有邪恶灵魂。
Or, there’s a draft.
或者也可能只是有阵风。
10
第十条:
It is bad luck to light three cigarettes with the same match.
用一根火柴点燃3根香烟,会带来厄运。
Yeah it is. And that bad luck is called cancer.
嗯没错。这个厄运的名字叫“癌症”。